Pleased to confirm that the lights are now back onto auto - ie they will only come on when a court is booked. Thanks to James Calvert for his work with MyCourts and to Phil Wood for completing the wiring. Feel free to buy either of them a pint when you are next at the bar.
The AGM was on Monday and we will take the attendance of 1 general member only as avote of confidence in the work of the current committee.
As most of you were not there the key pioint to note are -
1. After many years Mike Stower has stepped down as treasurer. Mike has done a brilliant job and has taken on far more than treasures role. He should be considered as the "engine" behind the smooth running of the club. Mike - thanks very much.
2. Robin Robson has stood down as secretary. Robin has brought his own unique style to this role and has done a great job. Robin - thanks very much.
3. Appointment of members - very pleased to confirm that both John jaram and Dave Booth have come forward to serve on the committee. Ladies - you could do with greater representation and we could accommodate at least one of you on the committee?
4. Election of Officers - Pleased to confirm that John Jaram has stepped up to be Tresurer and that Dave Booth will be mens team captain. Ed Shannon has stepped up to be secretary.
5. It was agreed that the annual membership fee would rise from £100 to £110pa. This will take effect from the 1st July 2018. This will help to maintain the strong finacial position that allows us to continue the development of our facilities and to maintain our position as the club with the best facilities in York and Distric - and beyond!
Hope you all enjoy your squash over the summer.
Chris Martin - Chair of Squassh committee